Saturday, November 8, 2008

Just a Writing Day

I don't have much to do today, have to talk to people..then watch madagascar two. So I've decided to continue writing my story. Here's more Invisible Touch. 

 I really wanted to tell him that Chase knows everyone in this town, so it's impossible for Sean to live here all his life if Chase has never heard or seen him. "Wow," was all I was able to say. Suddenly, I heard voices calling my name, but when I looked around, no was except for Sean was there. It sounded like Charlotte and Chase. "Do you hear that?," I asked Sean. "No, but I'm going to head to the bathroom." I watched him until he went straight into the bathroom. As soon as he was gone, Chase knock me over. 

"What the crap!," I yelled at him.
"Oh NOW he pay attention to us," he said.
"What are you talking about, I didn't even see you," I really didn't.
"Maroby, we were yelling in your face, we thought you were either ignoring us or zoning out," Charlotte said. 
"What?," I heard what she said I just didn't believe it, " I was talking to Sean, he just went to the bathroom."
"..Maroby, we didn't see anyone," Chase said while Charlotte just nodded her head.
"Guys, he's in the bathroom right now, go check," I demanded. 

Chase went into the bathroom and checked all the stalls. He came out telling me that no one was there. I didn't believe him, so I pushed him aside and went into the boys bathroom to check for myself. The window was open. I ran over to see if he was still running. I saw Sean! He just was walking out of the area. I started climing out of the window, but Chase saw me and tried to stop me. I got lose from his hands, but he ended up crawling out the window as well. I started running after Sean and yelled his name while Chase was yelling mine. Sean was still walking yet I could never catch up to him. I don't get it! I was running so fast! Suddenly Sean walked into the forest, so it was even harder to see where he was going. Suddenly, when I was 2 inches away from him, out of nowhere, he was gone and I fell flat on my face. The old leaves that were on the ground didn't make my fall hurt as much. Chase came two seconds later and fell as well. He fell much worse than I did though. He ended up spraining his ankle. 
"AHH!," Chase yelled in pain.
"Chase! Stop yelling, I'll fix it!," I felt so bad for having him chase me. 
"How!?..OWWW," he yelled when I was trying to touch his ankle. 
"Just close your eyes so you don't see your ankle!," I only told him that so I could use my magic. 

He actually obeyed me for once and I used my magic to fix his ankle. His face looked like he was still in pain, but I knew he wasn't. "There's it's done," I told him. He opened his eyes slowly, hoping that I didn't make his ankle worse. He touched it gently and was surprised that it stopped hurting. 
"How did you do that?," he questioned me.
"I've taken classes where I can fix ..stuff," I told him.
"Yeah, but I don't feel any pain. That's incredible," he said.
"Well, don't brag about it to your friends, I don't wanna be one of those miracle workers," I really didn't, otherwise I might be exposed. He didn't say a word, he was just looking at me the whole time. While we were walking back, Chase randomly smiled at me every 2 minutes or so. "What?," I asked finally, he just looked the other way pretending he wasn't staying. Suddenly he said out of nowhere, "You know there's something special about you." I had a sense that he was starting to like me, so I told him right away, "Listen Chase, you're a nice guy, but we're best friends. That's all." He replied with, "Maroby, I didn't mean like that. I was just pointing out, there is something special about you." I didn't believe him one bit. Charlotte caught up to us finally. 

"Where were you guys!," she demanded to know.
"We were lost," I told her, I didn't want to tell her the whole story. He didn't argue with me. "Well, the forest is a very haunted place, no one goes in there. I'm surprised you went in there at all Maroby," she told me. 
Haunted? Sean walked into a haunted area? I never really believed in haunted things otherwise I'd be considered "haunted". It did shock me that Sean disappeared out of now where. It actually upset me more than surprised me. Chase decided that he was going to walk me home, even if I really didn't want him to. I kept asking why he wasn't taking Charlotte home anymore and maybe she's lonely, but he insists that she'll be fine. I still kept trying to bring up Charlotte to Chase, but he just ended up questioning Sean and I. I was getting annoyed because he kept trying to convience me that Sean was just a part of my imagination. I knew it, he thinks I've gone crazy. 

"You know what Chase, maybe you should walk yourself home one of these days," I told him with a bitter tone. 
"Maroby, I'm just saying, if you really like someone, you should like someone who you're close with, not just some random fellow off the street," he told me.
"Like who, Chase?," I knew exactly who he was talking about, I just wanted him to come out with it.
"Maybe ..with me," he suggested.
"Chase, I wanna know why you like me. Is it because I fixed your ankle cause I can easily undo that."
"No, no, no, I told you, there's something special about you."

I couldn't listen to what he was telling me anymore. I froze time until I got home. I didn't care if Chase freaked out. Maybe now he'll know how I feel, when someone just disappears on you. Once I did that, that got me thinking. What if..Sean was a wizard. That would explain so much!! I don't want to comfront him right away though because he might think I'm a freak, then I'll have no one. I felt like I accomplished something today though, finally figuring out what Sean was. 

As soon as I got inside the house, I magic-proved my room, so that no curse like 10:17 or anything like that would come into my room. My uncle wasn't home so he couldn't bother me about all the magic I was using. Fiona sensed it though and came down stairs to my room. I just looked at her while I was proforming my magic. She just sat there watching me without saying a word. When I was putting magic on my clock, my clock stopped moving. I tried pulling the clock with my magic so it could keep moving, but it was just pulling back as if someone else with magic was pulling. So I pulled really hard and the clock pulled a chunk out of the wall and it was flying towards my direction. I fell to the floor and covered my face. I was waiting for the clock and that wall piece to hit my face, but it didn't. Suddenly, I open my eyes to realize that Fiona used her magic to stop the wall piece and clock. I could tell that she didn't know how to put the clock back, so I helped her. "Wow, you really do know magic," I said surprisingly. She didn't bother to say anything, but her facial expersion was easy to read. She looked like she was frighten because of what she's done. "How come you don't like to use magic when you obviously know how to," I asked her. "Because! Daddy said magic was always evil and that one day the world will end because magic has so much power," she answered me. "Fiona, you can have power in anything, not just magic, you know that right?," I asked her. "No..," she replied. That got her thinking for once. She didn't know what to say after that so she went upstairs to her room. I fixed everything up and made sure the place didn't smell like magic. 

Once Uncle Ed came home it was finally time for dinner. Uncle Ed didn't make dinner for me though. In fact, Angie told me that it's best if I don't talk to Ed at all. So I went out with the little money I had. I went to this small pizza shop. When I looked in the window, almost no one was there, but when I got inside, there was a ton of kids. Most of them looked my age.  Once I got my pizza, I decided to sit down and eat there because I wanted to eat my pizza hot. All the kids looked at me. Suddenly one girl came up to me, "You a friend of Sean?," she said with a british accent. "Um, Sean Espen?," I asked. "Yer," she replied while they were all just staring at me. "Um, yeah I do know him," I said. 
"Oh! So you're Miss Maroby, I'm Elizabeth Samson," she said.
"Hi, how do you know Sean?," I questioned.
"Look at this girl," she told her friends, "she's still clueless," she turned and faced me, "Listen love, Sean is a good friend of mine and I don't want your little human ass to break his heart," she threaten me.
"Human? You're not human?"
"OF COURSE WE'RE NOT HUMAN! The only reason why you see us now is because of Sean!"
"Nope, the only reason why I can see you is because I'm not human either."
"Wot?," she said with a shocked face. I stopped all of them from laughing. 
"Yeah, that's right! I'm a witch!," I can't believe I said that out loud.  
"No way...a witch? We've never met a witch before. I didn't even know they existed. You're probably lying! Show your powers!," she demanded.
"Wait, you guys aren't wizards and witches?..," oh crap, what have I done!
"No..and you obviously don't know what we are, do you?," Elizabeth asked.
"Not humans..right?," I asked back.

"Hah, so you don't know. Well, I'll leave you to figure it out then," she left with her crew with a crooked smile on her face. I just looked at her confusingly because now I have no idea what Sean was, but I knew he wasn't human or a wizard. "FIGURE OUT WHAT!," I yelled after they left, as if she was going to reply. I sat back down and finishing my pizza. 

Once I got out of the shop, I started walking home. I looked up at the night sky to see the difference between the human sky and my home sky. There wasn't too much of a difference. Ours is just a little darker and the stars are much brighter. Also my home skies are a bit dark green that shades into blue. I started missing all my friends and family back at home. I miss my best friend, Chago. He used to always walk home with me since we were neighbors since the sandbox days. He used to tell me stories about the sky and who saw the same thing we did. That's when I decided to call him. I got my cellphone and called him. After the first few rings, I realized he wasn't going to pick up. He was pretty upset that I was going to stay with my uncle. Chago hates my uncle just because uncle Ed was about to take his powers away just because he was teaching me some new tricks. Chago thinks that uncle Ed is going to convience me that magic is horrible, but Chago should know better than that. I'm glad I at least got to hear his voice mail, "Hey it's Chago. Magic's in the air so leave a message like you just don't care." I started leaving a message, "Chagogo, guess what! The sky here is way more blue than you thought. Anyways, I just wanted to say I still love magic and I'm using it behind my uncle's back. I also miss you and everyone else. Please call me when you can. It's Marmar." Marmar is what Chago always called me since he couldn't pronounce my name right when he was five. As soon as I hung up, Chase called me. 

"Hey Chase," I answered.
"Maroby, hi. What are you up to?," he asked. Suddenly my phone started to have static noises. I turned around to see what was the cause of it, but the only thing I see is a car pulling up from behind me. "Chase...Chase? I think I'm breaking up, I'll call you back," I told him and hung up. I stood still to see who was getting out of the car, it was Sean. He glanced at me and went into a shop. I just stared, I didn't move anywhere. Maybe he didn't recongize me. He came out of the shop a bit fast and jumped straight into his car. That's when I figured he didn't want to speak to me so I just kept walking. Suddenly, his car was right next to me and he put down the window. "Need a lift?," he asked. I was shocked that he even stopped, maybe he really didn't see me. "I saw you staring at me, it seems like you were waiting for me to bring you into my car," he said. It's as if he read my mind. "Um, sure." I jumped into the car and first looked at the time. It wasn't 10:17, but it was 9:17. I had so many question to ask Sean, but I felt like if I brought it up it would have made things awkward. Oh who am I kidding, things are usually awkward between us. "So, um, I met a group of people who knew you," I brought up. "Oh did you?," he asked.
"Yeah, and they claimed that you weren't human," I can't believe I just said that.
"I'm not, and neither are you," he said without caring.
"So, you know what I am?," I asked.
"Of course, but you have no idea what I am."
"Can I know?," I asked in a very quiet voice. He just laughed a little.
"Let me come into your house and you'll see."

I just nodded my head. I really wanted to know, what could he possibly be? As we drove he didn't say a word, nor did I. I just thought of what he could be. He couldn't be a vampire because he comes out during the day. Maybe, he's a werewolf? That'd be cool, I just heard legends about them. Or maybe even a dragon! Wait, maybe not. Suddenly, we got to my house and I checked the time. It was 10:00pm. Fiona was hopefully sleeping by now and not waiting for me to come inside the house. Surprisingly I think everyone was asleep because I brought Sean in the house without anyone seeing. When we got to my room he told me to hold his hand. We held hands for a good ten minutes and everything was just awkward. Suddenly I looked at the time and it was one minute to 10:17. "Ok, now pay attention to me very carefully," he said. When 10:17 hit, he started disappearing.I could still feel his hand, but he was just gone. "Sean..you're a...," I couldn't finish my sentence. "Ghost," he whispered in my ear. I ended up fainting. 

2 comments:

hannah said...

madagascar 2 is HILARIOUS.
i laughed constantly for the first hour.

and give me your writing skillz plz :)

Danny said...

I love this entire blog.

Wish I had your skills.

I read every word even though it was long.